Tucows' objective is to be the leading provider of Internet services to Internet service providers, web hosting companies and other service providers worldwide.
Tucows Inc. (AMEX:TCX, TSX:TC) provides domain name and email services through a global distribution network of more than 9,000 web hosting companies and Internet service providers.
Tucows is an accredited registrar with the Internet Corporation for Assigned names and Numbers, or ICANN, and generates revenue primarily through the provision of domain registration and other Internet services to service providers who offer such services to their own customers in a process known as wholesale distribution.
We believe that we are the best in the industry at understanding and servicing the needs of this powerful and expanding wholesale channel and that our resolute commitment to our customers, depth of experience, technological innovation and consistent financial performance provide a solid foundation for our future growth.
- Solid Position in the Domain Name Registration Market: Tucows one of the largest providers of wholesale domain name registrations in the world with more than 8 million domain names under management.
- Large and Growing Distribution Channel: Since entering the domain name market in January 2000, Tucows has grown its distribution channel to more than 9,000 active resellers in more than 100 countries.
- Recognized and Trusted Brand: Tucows, and OpenSRS, the reseller services group, has established itself as a trusted name in the industry and has earned a solid reputation for providing exceptional levels of customer service and support.
- Serving the Expanding SMB Market: Through its global distribution channel Tucows provides Internet services to more than 30-million end-users worldwide, primarily small-and-medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), one of the fastest growing segments of the Internet economy.
- Strong Financial Position: Tucows has a strong balance sheet and is consistently generating positive cash flow from operations, providing a solid foundation for future growth.
- At Leverage Point in Business Model: The Tucows business model provides a significant growth opportunity through the delivery of additional high-value added services to its customer base.
- Founded 1993
- Ticker symbol: (AMEX:TCX, TSX:TC)
- Fiscal year end: December 31
- Number of employees: ~200
- Merged with Infonautics, Inc. (Nasdaq: INFO), in August 2001
- Acquired Boardtown Corporation in April 2004
- Acquired Hosted Messaging business of Critical Path Inc. in January 2006
- Headquartered in Toronto, Canada; Offices in Starkville Mississippi, U.S.A. and London, U.K.