Editor’s Note: This position has been filled. Thanks for your interest.
The Tucows’ User Experience Design group is hiring!
### User Experience Design Group?
What is the UED group all about? Our primary mandate is to ensure that all of our products and services work effectively, look great, and leave you with a fresh, minty taste that doesn’t fade for at least 12 hours.
Well, maybe not that last one, but we’re working on it. Here, have a breath mint in the meantime.
As a fairly new group within Tucows we’ve got a ton of work ahead of us. From a web perspective we’re working to improve every contact point between you and Tucows. This includes everything from broad improvements to the control panels you rely on every day to making our corporate web sites communicate more effectively.
In a nutshell, we’re here to make stuff (specifically Tucows stuff) look great, work great, and help you get stuff done.
### Now Hiring: Web Developers! Visual Designer! Ponies!
I could start trotting out buzzwords and catchphrases here to describe all of the amazing, cool stuff we’re working on at Tucows, but I’d have to take myself out back and wash my mouth out with soap to atone afterwards. Needless to say, we’ve got a horn o’ plenty full of exciting work on the go here, and we need some smart, talented people to help us make it all happen.
We’re currently looking for a visual designer as well as one junior and one intermediate front end developer.
### » Junior / Intermediate Front End Developer
* are standards-driven with real-world experience
* are keenly aware of the benefits (and difficulties) of creating beautiful, usable, and accessible interfaces in the context of today’s technological realities
* keep up with current design and development best practices
* know that the term ‚Äúprogressive enhancement‚Äù is not a spam subject line
* can take mockups and turn them into fully functioning, hand-coded works of art.
The acronyms XHTML, CSS, DOM (scripting), and JS are like nerd comfort food for you and you‚Äôve got the portfolio to prove it. Your PHP experience is a huge asset.
Does this sound like you? Apply for the [junior front end developer position] or the [intermediate front end developer position] now.
### » Visual Designer
* are a visual, creative person who understands that a huge part of effective design is solving problems
* have a portfolio of work you’ve done (web & rich media — print experience is a plus)
* can create a design vision from the conceptual to the fully-formed
* are highly user-centric and strive to make technology easier and fun to use
* can boss around Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash like nobody’s business.
Interested? [Apply for this position now].
### Wrapping up
This is the first of many posts on the UED group and what we’re up to, so keep your eyes peeled for more from my group as we kick it into high gear. Feel free to [get in touch with us] to ask questions, send us feedback, or even just drop us a line to let us know about a cool design-related link.
And, as promised, I leave you with: [ponies!]